First of all, you should ask yourself a question: «Why do I study this? ». We all know that students split into two main categories: one half consists of those who want to achieve success in a certain major and the other half – of those students who only wait to receive a diploma, but they will actually never use it or work in a chosen field of studies. If you refer to the first category, this online essay was made for you, as following pieces of advice will help those, who are diligent students.
How to Get an A+
- Psychological advice. First of all, you should not be ashamed of being a diligent student. Most of the other pupils can call you a nerd or simply laugh at you, but it only means that they don’t understand the value of time and hard-work. Even if you are the only one, who can potentially success in a major, be proud of yourself and your achievements. This can help you to reduce the psychological stress at college.
- Small details. Do not forget that your grade for exam depends on a couple of things. 40% depend on an actual answer during the exam, but another 60% depend on your attendance and scientific work or projects you have to make during a whole semester or studying year. So if you really want to receive an A+ from your professor, make sure you attend lectures, seminars and finish all the research work on time.
- Time-management. Try to arrange your everyday time for studies and rest. Remember that overwork doesn’t help in terms of passing exams, but will only exhaust you. The best idea would be to start preparing from the first day of your studies. It is always better to learn a small amount of information each week rather than try to memorize everything 2 weeks before an exam.
- Take notes. They will help you to repeat all the key points you have been learning during a semester. At the same time, don’t forget to make them readable, as it will save much of your time later.
- Try to prepare with someone else. This simple method is extremely good, as if you have a friend to learn with, you can ask each other questions and answer one by one. This looks more like an imitation of a real exam, as sometimes you have to be a professor and sometimes you have to be a student. This method will help you not to worry and be confident later.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you don’t get a material or missed a couple of classed and feel lost, just ask your professor or classmates to help you out.
All in all, if you follow these simple pieces of advice, it will help you to get the best grades during exams and will reduce the amount of stress you face during them.